Who We Are
Singletrack provides a cloud-based SaaS solution to our customers – investment banks, independent research providers and investment institutions – to help them manage their client and provider relationships, distribute and consume financial research, gain insight into operational data and comply with market regulation. We are headquartered in London, with additional offices in New York and Newcastle upon Tyne (UK). Our customers are primarily in North America and Europe but also in Asia, Australia and Africa.
Founded in 2009, Singletrack has been steadily gaining market share in a sector dominated by large vendors. Today we are the main vendor in Europe and are experiencing significant and sustained growth in the US market.
The Singletrack Solutions Engineering Team
The Singletrack Solutions Engineering team focuses on customer roll-outs, customer customisations and bespoke integrations. SE is an integral part of the overall Singletrack development team and works closely with the Product Engineering team to ensure what we deliver meets customer needs and fits within their enterprise infrastructure. This means handling the more technical aspects of deploying the product to a new customer, tailoring its functionality to fit customers better (including developing those aspects of the product that support such tailoring) and delivering the connectivity modern enterprises require for their businesses to function.
The Solutions Engineering team utilises an XP-based development process and take a whole-team approach: every member of the team gets involved in most areas of development.
How You Fit In
Singletrack Senior Solutions Engineers lead customer initiatives such as the implementation of custom portal functionality or a new integration. This starts with working with the customer (alongside Business Analysts and Project Managers) to scope the technical deliveries and then leading a team of developers through the entire delivery lifecycle to go-live.
The system architecture and technology base is also constantly evolving and whilst things like technology choice and architectural design are a ‘whole team’ activity you will be expected to speak up, and will be listened to, in terms of how we go about building the product as well as what we build. Similarly we will look to you for ideas on development process improvement, new practices to adopt and so on.
This is a UK role. Like many companies of our type, Singletrack shifted from being an ‘office first’ company to being fully remote just prior to the start of lockdown in March 2020. At present we are a ‘remote first’ company with the London, Newcastle and New York offices open when local guidelines allow for anyone that wants to use them, but no requirement for staff to do anything other than work remotely.
For at least the first few months of 2021 this role will be a ‘remote first’ role with attendance at any of our offices completely optional as and when this is permitted by local guidelines. Our intention post-COVID is to continue to operate in a hybrid manner with a mixture of office and remote working. Later in 2021 – guidelines and progress against the virus permitting – we anticipate a minimum attendance in the London or Newcastle offices of once per month for 2-3 days to help maintain team cohesion and for social events. The details of this are yet to be finalised and we are always flexible in meeting our employees’ needs. For anyone based in London or North East England, there is the option to attend our offices more frequently if preferred.
Required Attributes / Experience
- Minimum two years experience of Ruby on Rails development to deliver web-based applications
- Experience of working across other languages and technologies on web-based systems
- Experience of working with Business Analysts and Project Managers as part of a wider delivery team
- Desire and ability to make a strong contribution to the technical direction for delivering to customers
Desirable Attributes / Experience
- Experience of building full stack web systems in Java or .Net (we find experienced Java and .Net developers learn the Lightning Platform technologies very quickly)
- Experience of scoping and specifying deliverables with customers
- Experience of cloud-based development on Lightning Platform, heroku.com and Amazon AWS
- Experience of financial services, specifically capital markets
- Experience of delivering an as-a-Service product to enterprise customers
- Work in a highly-motivated and passionate team delivering a cutting-edge as-a-Service in one of the first companies to deliver a 100% cloud-based solution to the financial services sector
- Develop your technical and non-technical skills in a variety of directions
- Work in a successful and growing FinTech company with a global customer base
If you’d like to be considered please send your CV together with a letter explaining why you feel your skills and experience would be particularly valuable in this position. Please note we will only accept direct applications and will not accept applications from agencies.