Who We Are
Singletrack provides a cloud-based SaaS solution to our customers – investment banks, independent research providers and investment institutions – to help them manage their client and provider relationships, distribute and consume financial research, gain insight into operational data and comply with market regulation. We are headquartered in London, with additional offices in New York and Newcastle upon Tyne (UK). Our customers are primarily in North America and Europe but also in Asia, Australia and Africa.
Founded in 2009, Singletrack has been steadily gaining market share in a sector dominated by large vendors. Today we are the main vendor in Europe and are experiencing significant and sustained growth in the US market.
Like many companies of our type, Singletrack shifted from being an ‘office first’ company to being fully remote just prior to the start of lockdown in March 2020. At present we are a ‘remote first’ company with all 3 of our main offices open for anyone that wants to use them, but no obligation to work in the offices.
We are now operating in a hybrid manner with a mixture of office and remote working, and as it stands (in accordance with Government advice), we anticipate a minimum attendance in the London / Newcastle or New York offices of once or twice per month for 2-3 days to help maintain team cohesion and for social events. This arrangement will be in place for the rest of 2021 as we continue to trial this approach but we are always flexible in meeting our employees’ needs.
For this role we have a preference for candidates in or around NYC. Ideally candidates would be able to travel into NYC to visit clients within 24 hours notice.
The Singletrack Client Success Team
The Singletrack Client Success team (of which the Professional Services element makes up a large proportion) consists of Business Analysts, Project Managers, Client Success Managers, Release Coordination and Support, is involved in the entire customer life cycle starting from the initial implementation project to supporting and engaging with our clients on a daily basis during ongoing operation. Even though we all have our specialties and focus of work, the entire team works collaboratively on client facing projects and initiatives, allowing team members to get insight and experience of various aspects of delivering outstanding projects and general client engagement.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a new hybrid Project Manager / Business Analyst for the Professional Services team that is passionate about success for our customers in using Singletrack, and can demonstrate how they have understood their customer’s requirements and put in place the right business solution within a project/implementation framework. You will have a good core project management / business analysis skill set, ideally developed in the financial services industry. Ideally you will possess Salesforce Administration skills and must have a solid track record of real customer facing projects. We are looking for someone who can oversee multiple projects (from a PM perspective) and also carry out some business analyst tasks either individually or pairing with other Business Analysts in the team. We are a busy team with plenty of work on the go, we rely on each other to support the team effort by being proactive about taking work and staying busy.
How You Fit In
We are seeking a skilled and professional Project Manager / Business Analyst, with experience of delivering system implementations in the Investment Banking industry and / or experience of delivering Salesforce based system implementations as a vendor.
The successful applicant will have strong Project Management skills with plenty of experience and examples of working directly with customer business and technical teams to deliver complex solutions successfully – especially working with senior customer stakeholders. The ability to work with demanding stakeholders under time pressure and sometimes in conjunction with other vendors is key.
The Project Manager we are looking for will be comfortable interfacing with internal teams (QA, Development and Sales) as well as being the primary interface to the customer during the implementation project. It would be advantageous to have experience of implementing SaaS software or CRM projects as an independent vendor to organisations of varying size; you must be equally comfortable communicating with technical teams as well as business teams at varying levels of seniority.
You will have plenty of examples of implementation projects that you have run in the past that demonstrate planning, executing and control of projects, from start to finish, and how you keep a project out of trouble. You will be well aware of the importance and impact of scope, time and stakeholder management.
You will be used to managing a number of projects in parallel, and also comfortable to take on inflight projects. You will be representing Singletrack in a Project Lead capacity to the client, and to present to customer stakeholders. You will be driving conversations around scope and budget directly with customers. You will be used to virtual project team management, as although typically there will be one or more Business Analysts assigned to a project, assignment of technical resources is usually based on skills required for the deliverable.
When the Singletrack sales team requires some pre-sales project related work, involving planning and scoping rollouts for prospective clients, you will be expected to help define this.
Good track record is required but just as important are your natural analytic, strong stakeholder management and communication skills and a desire to learn and grow within a dynamic and innovative company. We also want self-starters that can work with minimal supervision but are able to escalate relevant issues in a timely manner.
- Engage with senior stakeholders during the course of the project around plan, progress, scope and budget
- Plan, organise and scope a project
- Act as key project point of contact and lead with client during a typical implementation project
- Call on Singletrack processes, templates and practices to deliver the project
- Identify and secure the people resources needed on an ongoing basis
- Lead the delivery team and advise the customer of the best course throughout
- Manage and control the scope, timescales and resources
- Manage the activities, dependencies and deliverables throughout
- Be able to ‘dive into the detail’ where required and utilise your business analyst skillset
- Report on a project including budgetary control
- Handle risks and issues and mitigation action plans
- Identify and deal with a project or deliverable that goes off course
- Close a project/lessons learnt
- Minimum five years experience of working as a Project Manager and / or Business Analyst, including a material share of that time with a software vendor, ideally operating in capital markets / financial services
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management plus analysis and facilitating workshop skills and capable of producing high-quality documentation
- Experience of client facing roles, comfortable to engage directly with fee paying clients
- Some great examples of real projects you have run – particularly challenging / complex projects
- Leadership and presentation skills
- Ability to managing project schedules and workload within a collaborative team framework
- A desire and willingness to get to know your customers and engage with Senior Stakeholders
- Ability to self manage your schedules and workload within a collaborative team framework
- A ‘hands-on’ approach to delivery
- Salesforce Administration and configuration experience
- Familiarity with sell-side Sales, Research and Investor Relations processes
- Learn how the sell-side business really works including the impact of increasing regulation
- Learn how a complex CRM platform works in detail – gaining Salesforce skills along the way
- Opportunity to work with other experienced Project Managers and Business Analysts and learn from their ways of working
- Provide input into working practises of the team and help shape how we do things
- Grow skill set within and outside of project management / business analysis
- Be part of our company’s exciting growth and development
If you’d like to be considered please send your CV together with a letter explaining why you feel your skills and experience would be particularly valuable in this position. Please note we will only accept direct applications and will not accept applications from agencies.