Who We Are
Singletrack provides a cloud-based SaaS solution to our customers – investment banks, independent research providers and investment institutions – to help them manage their client and provider relationships, distribute and consume financial research, gain insight into operational data and comply with market regulation. We are headquartered in London, with additional offices in New York and Newcastle upon Tyne (UK). Our customers are primarily in North America and Europe but also in Asia, Australia and Africa.
Founded in 2009, Singletrack has been steadily gaining market share in a sector dominated by large vendors. Today we are the main vendor in Europe and are experiencing significant and sustained growth in the US market.
Like many companies of our type, Singletrack shifted from being an ‘office first’ company to being fully remote just prior to the start of lockdown in March 2020. We are now operating in a hybrid manner with a mixture of office and remote working, and as it stands (in accordance with Government advice), we anticipate a minimum attendance in the London / Newcastle offices of once or twice per month for 2-3 days to help maintain team cohesion and for social events. This arrangement is subject to change in 2022 but is what we are following at the moment.
For this role we have a preference for candidates in or around London but given we have an office in Newcastle we’d also consider candidates in the North East. Ideally candidates would be able to travel into London to visit clients within 24 hours notice.
The Singletrack Client Success Team
The Singletrack Client Success team (of which the Professional Services element makes up a large proportion) consists of Business Analysts, Project Managers, Client Success Managers, Release Coordination and Support, is involved in the entire customer life cycle starting from the initial implementation project to supporting and engaging with our clients on a daily basis during ongoing operation. Even though we all have our specialties and focus of work, the entire team works collaboratively on client facing projects and initiatives, allowing team members to get insight and experience of various aspects of delivering outstanding projects and general client engagement.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a new Business Analyst for the Professional Services team that is passionate about success for our customers in using Singletrack, and can demonstrate how they have understood their customer’s requirements and put in place the right business solution within a project/implementation framework. You will have a good core business analysis skillset, ideally developed in the financial services industry. Ideally you will possess Salesforce Administration skills and must have a solid track record of real customer facing projects. We are a busy team with plenty of work on the go, we rely on each other to support the team effort by being proactive about taking work and staying busy.
How You Fit In
We are seeking a skilled and professional Business Analyst with experience of delivering system implementations to customers, ideally in the Investment Banking business.
The successful applicant will have mainly a Business Analysis or Implementation Consultant background with tangible examples of working directly with customer business teams to understand requirements, suggest solutions and either configure our solution appropriately and / or collaboratively write specifications with our developers and work closely with them to deliver it.
You will be very familiar with liaising with internal technical/development teams to investigate the technical feasibility of functional solutions, and also be able to undertake key Salesforce configuration (custom fields, page layouts, workflows, sharing rules / visibility setup etc) to demonstrate concepts and solutions to customers.
You will have produced suitable documents to support the various stages of analysis involved in a project or implementation lifecycle such as Requirements (BRDs), Functional Specifications, Business Process diagrams etc.
Experience of CRM/technical projects in an Investment Bank or similar financial services organisation is ideal and familiarity with sell-side Sales, Research and Investor Relations processes is desirable, but not essential.
A good track record is required but just as important are your natural analytical, customer and communication skills and a desire to learn and grow within a dynamic and innovative company.
- Business analyst for customer facing projects, understanding the customer’s business and ways of working, running workshops (either onsite post COVID or remotely) with business teams and using demos to drive out requirements and investigate potential solutions
- Understanding business problems, documenting requirements, potential solutions and producing other project delivery documents
- Working internally with the Development/technical teams and other team members of Client Success to investigate technical feasibility of proposed solutions
- Undertake Salesforce configuration for investigating solutions and for client demo purposes
- Undertake demos, training to support project rollouts, post rollout special care support
- Client Success team shared activities such as sales support and other client success responsibilities
- 2.5+ years experience as a Business Analyst or implementation consultant. This might have been working for a vendor or within an investment bank / financial services institution.
- Excellent communication, analysis and facilitating workshop skills and capable of producing high-quality documentation
- Experience of client facing roles, comfortable to engage directly with fee paying clients
- A business analysis background and ‘hands-on’ approach to delivery
- Technical configuration experience, ideally within a CRM system
- A desire and willingness to get to know your customers
- Ability to self manage your schedules and workload within a collaborative team framework
- Experience working with Investment Banks / Capital Markets firms
- Salesforce Administration and configuration experience
- Familiarity with sell-side Sales, Research and Investor Relations processes
- Learn how the sell-side business really works including the impact of increasing regulation
- Learn how a complex CRM platform works in detail – gaining Salesforce skills along the way
- Opportunity to work with other experienced Project Managers and Business Analysts and learn from their ways of working
- Provide input into working practises of the team and help shape how we do things
- Grow skill set within and outside of business analysis
- Be part of our company’s exciting growth and development
If you’d like to be considered please send your CV together with a letter explaining why you feel your skills and experience would be particularly valuable in this position. Please note we will only accept direct applications and will not accept applications from agencies.